Thursday, September 10, 2009

This turned out to be a much busier and more stress than was expected because of the appointment with Dr. Moreno.

Started out pretty normal. I got up at 6AM an took care of all the morning stuff, then went to pick up Mother for her 9:30AM appointment with Dr. Lavey the eye doctor. That took a long time. They were running a bit late and it takes time for them to run those eyes through their tests and then dilate them. But we ended up with pretty good news. Mom was noticing that letters are running together a bit and that the end of lines when she is reading drop off sight sometimes. Dr. Lavey said her basic vision is the same but that the dry macular is slowly progressing due to age. He said not to worry that it will not probably progress too fast and he sees her every six months anyway so we were quite relieved. I was so impressed with him. I noticed that Mother did not hear a couple of his questions so I, quietly, told him that her hearing isn't too good and he raised his voice just enough that she could hear him clearly. It is much better if she can just answer her own questions.

I got home at about 11:30, just in time to finish up lunch. I had put some chicken legs in the slow cooker so just had to heat some beans as we had Waldorf salad to finish up the meal. Bobbie joined us. We sure like her making the wine her. After lunch, we went down and racked lots of wine. Her peach, rhubarb and rhubarb/elderberry wer ready to be racked and my Lemon Balm. Next week will be time for at least one more of her wines to be racked and we will bottle the White Zin. It would have been just too much today as Dick and I had to be at Dr. Moreno's office at 2:30PM.

Here is where the trouble began. That blister that is seeping is also showing signs of infection. So he trimmed the dead skin off. I will have to clean and dress it and put ointment on it twice a day. He has antibiotics. He can't wear his fancy shoe, so he can't walk and we go back to see Dr. Moreno on September 22nd. I am very discouraged. Brian, one of our favorite nurses, dressed the wound and was very encouraging. He and Dick say that I did all I could. Dr. Moreno says those blisters can turn very quickly and apparently that is what happened. So. pray very hard. I am afraid of the slow healing.

I'll lean on you and
you lean on me and
we'll be okay

-- Dave Matthews


Tonight I went to Blessed Trinity to practice for Celtic Mass which is on Sunday. I think it went quite well and I was home before 8:30PM. Good thing because, surprise!!, I am exhausted. We have the football game on. The Steelers and the Titans. So far they are tied. I need the Steelers to win for my points in league. I worked very hard on that.

Til tomorrow.

Mary

No comments: