Sunday, September 27, 2009

This turned out to be a very nice Sunday. This morning was very quiet. I got to sleep until 6:30AM. Wouldn't have minded a bit more but figured that the cat would claw her way into the bedroom to get me up.

Chelsea and I had a nice LONG walk today. We added the last cul de sac. So I am very proud of us. We will do that for a week or so and then go through the park too.

I spent a bit of the morning wrapping Christmas presents. That may sound silly but all of my children get an ornament for Christmas and I get them mid year. Now I have that all done. While I was wrapping them, the phone rang. It was my dear friend Barbara Sadler calling from Minnesota. Barb and I were in grade school together, in the convent together and kept our friendship all these years through thick and thin. She even came out to visit me when I lived in California before she got married. We caught up beautifully. I must remember to tell Mother about the call tomorrow.

We had leftovers for lunch so that was an easy meal. Then the Packer game started. We won. It was a great game. My fantasy football leagues look pretty good this week. I only have two wrong so far. I am down a bit in points but still have a teeny weeny chance of pulling it out this week. And I do mean teeny weeny. Anyhow, the Packers looked pretty good and we can hope they keep it up.

At the half I drove over to the Lemkuil's house to pick Marigold blossoms so I can mix up a batch of Marigold wine.

I forgot to something that happened at Mass yesterday. I went up to help distribute communion and realized that two members of our congregation were in Civil War uniforms. There was a Civil War Reenactment at Wade House this weekend and I gues a couple of the soldiers took a break from the war to pray.

Tomorrow is Monday, my day. We will be taking Dick to the Clinic to test his coagulation level again. We are hoping that it will again be in normal range and we can get him back on the meds. Two days without anything should have done something. I'll let you know tomorrow.

Take care

Mary

No comments: