Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Do you believer that I just got home again and that it is 11:00PM? I can't remember the last time that I was up two nights in a row this late.

The whole day was a whirlwind. It started off with grocery shopping, followed by a trip to the bank and a stop at the drug store. I also had to drop off my reading glasses at Advanced Eye Care because they broke yesterday. I am using some of my drug store glasses but they are not nearly as good or as nice.

I finally got home at about 10:30AM. By the time I put the groceries away and rested for just a bit it was time to prepare and eat lunch. After lunch, we finally got Dick's wound changed and his clothes changed before I had to leave for Rocky Knoll. My neighbor Jean is in the Rocky Knoll rehab recovering from hip replacement surgery. So since I was attending a meeting of the Amputee Support Group at two it made sense to go and visit Jean. She looks good and figures she will be home fairly soon. Still gaining strength.

We had a new couple join us today at the support group. No speaker so we just shared. Next month, a women from DMV is coming to speak to the group and the month after we decided to have our Christmas party.

I had to leave again, after resting a bit and feeding every living creature in this house, to pick up Mother for our dinner and going to the Sheboygan Theatre Company's production of All Shook Up, a Rock musical using Elvis' music. We enjoyed it a lot. The singing and dancing was really very good. Ralph had some super singers try out for this one and the whole cast really learned the dances and did them very well. Mom and I ate at the Villager and then met Bobbie at the theater at 7. I was able to get a disabled spot right near the door which was good. Especially good on the way out after poor Mom worked her way up and down those stairs. It gets pretty scary, but she is still game and it is still the best place for her to be able to see and hear the performance.

By the way, you know Bobbie and I went to the Taster of Home Cooking Class at the Weill Center last night. Today when I looked on the Sheboygan Press site, I checked the article on the program. They had several pictures and one of them was Bobbie and me. Pretty cool, huh?

Love

Mary

No comments: