Friday, July 03, 2009

Well, It was a busy busy day. I picked Mother up for her test at Plymouth Surgical Center at 7:15AM. Dolores had stayed with her all night and it was a good thing as she did have one weak spell during the night and it would not have been a good thing if she was alone.

Jeff met me at the Surgical Center and we got her all registered. They took her up at about 9 and she was back in her room at about 10AM. She was sound asleep for a good half an hour then started to come out of it. Doctor Sokhi came down about the time she was waking up and told us the results. All is fine. She has a bit of acid reflux but otherwise she looks very healthy in there.

Jeff took her home. I went to Walgreens and picked up prescriptions for Dick AND Mother, then over to Kettle Moraine Veterinary for Chelsea's prescription and finally home. Dick and I had our lunch. Hamburger helper, beets and salad. Sound familiar Bobbie?
Then after Dick walked, I took Mom her prescription. Jeff and I visited with her and we planted the herbs that I had purchased for her at Herbs n Such. She was delighted with them as they were all varieties that she did not have.

Now the day is done. Oscar is off his food again. I am going to try Barbara's suggestion, and boil some chicken off the bone for him tomorrow. I swear that the enlarged kidney is enlarging even more, perhaps that is why he is not hungry. No room. I am watching him closely to be sure that I do not let him suffer.

The next two days will be quiet. I intend to finish planting the herbs that I got for myself and just doing things for me. Do you think it might work? I can only try.

Have a Happy Forth of July and pray hard for our young men and women in the Armed Forces far from home defending us. And thank you all for the prayers for Mom. They helped and we are so very grateful.

All my love

Mary

No comments: