Monday, June 29, 2009

Got up at 6AM. There is always so much to do in the mornings. Dick walked after breakfast. I headed for bible study at 9AM. We had a nice group there.

One of our members was at the Herb class that was conducted at the Garden Walk on Saturday. When I mentioned the Lemon Balm Wine and she asked if I would bring a bottle to Bible Study. So I did. We all had a little bit and they loved it. We have started our study of the Gospel of Mark and are beginning by going over the introduction which gives a nice history and explanations of how, where, when and why the gospel was written.

Then I went over to Mom's. She and I, very carefully, reviewed the instructions for the prep that she has to do on Thursday before her colonoscopy on Friday. We have all set out so she doesn't have to think about it any more until then. Dolores will be out there in the evening to be with her during the prep part of the procedure which is really the hardest part. I will pick her up at about 7:15AM on Friday to take her to the Surgical Center for the procedure. Jeff will meet me there.

Jeff called Dr. Hancock and got a lot of our questions answered. I feel better anyway.

I was able to be home most of the afternoon and took a nice long nap this afternoon. My friend Kate called and asked if I would drive her to Kohler. Her husband, Ron, is being recognized for 45 years at Kohler and she joined him but did not want to have him driving home alone that late. She and I have been sharing the concern of husband health issues for well over a year. I remember being at a function where Sy Regan was also attending and he told us to just stay away from him.

Oscar is just about the same. The only things he has eaten are a few cat treats and some canned chicken white meat. He is still drinking. I am taking him back to the Vet tomorrow to discuss his condition and my concerns. I have decided that I will not try to force feed that poor critter. He deserves more than that. Why frighten him if it only serves to prolong his live and will not provide a cure.

Tomorrow is a busy day for Dick. - Therapy and a prosthesis check. I am planning on taking him to the airport for lunch. I haven't told him so. I hope he will go.

Love

Mary

No comments: