Thursday, April 23, 2009

Today was not as full of good news as the previous few days have been. We had an appointment with Dr. Moreno and the small red spots that we see on the bony areas of the foot are of concern to him. He wants the shoe adapted a bit so that there is no longer any shear abrasion. It is not serious now but we do not want anything to develop what with the history. So we have to suspend walking until the shoe is adapted. Andrea and Tim from Wisconsin Prosthetics and Orthotics will be meeting with us at his scheduled appointment on Monday and talk to Dr. Moreno to be sure they all agree on what needs to be done.

Not a huge thing but a little setback. Well nobody said it would be easy.

Oscar had to go the the vet to have the second half of his distemper shot. He was not a happy guy and let me know that all the way there and back. But now he and Roxie are all done for a whole year. I am still giving Roxie her antibiotics. Sure will be glad when I am done with her. I feel like I am running my own care center here. I do all the care and medicine dispensing. At least Dick won't have to go anywhere tomorrow and the only time I plan on leaving is to go shooting with Nancy in the evening.

Kate is coming over in the afternoon to mix up the pastry for the pasties that we are going to make on Saturday. I will definitely have to remember to take out the meat to get it thawed. I did remember to buy suet for the recipe and have all the veggies that I need.

I am gradually getting things gathered together for the Celtic Gathering the first weekend in May. Now I have to add a poetry talk to the list. THat will be fun. I have a general idea what I want to do.

Our neighbor, Dick, went to the Cubs game today, so I walked his little dog Katrina a couple of times for him. She is such a loving little dog and is always SO glad to see me. But I would have a problem with her as she leaks when she gets excited.

Did I tell you that I took my herbs in their planters out onto the deck last weekend? I was starting to see new growth on several of them and since they spent the entire winter in the cold garage decided that even if we get some snow and frost yet, the sun and fresh air would do them good. They are surely hardened against the cold.

It is supposed to get up into the 70s tomorrow. I can hardly wait.

Take care

Mary

No comments: