Wednesday, April 22, 2009

This day was a bit easier than it first appeared because the Amputee Support Group meeting that I thought was this afternoon is NEXT week. Apparently it is not the 4th Wednesday, as I thought, but the last Wednesday of the month. I got to Rocky Knoll and found the room we meet in empty - I mean empty. It was being cleaned and even all the chairs and tables were out of it. So I wandered the halls until I found my friend Kim Loose who is the activity director and asked her. I threw her for a loop too but she looked at her calendar and we were both reassured that it is next week. That gave me a little more time to grocery shop

We had our first appointment this morning with a Dr. Mandel, an eye doctor that Cheryl Ziegler wanted to check Dick's eyes. Whew. He checked the eyes very carefully and said that he sees no problems that would need any further care and he will write to Dr. Ziegler to tell her so. There are a couple of things to be watched and he would like Dick to be examined every 6 months or so.

We went right from there to the Care Center for therapy. Dick had to be recertified for Medicare. That has to happen every so often so they will continue covering the therapy. Diane does the re certifying and ran him through his paces. He walked several times at the bars and then twice down the hall with the walker. He is still working on proper "footwork" and placement but doing very well.

When we got home, I fixed lunch and then did the grocery shopping. It has been a long day. When I got home from grocery shopping, Dick was napping. Then I realized that I had not picked up a prescription that I needed to put out tonight so Chelsea got a ride. Boy, was she ever a happy little girl.

I was worried about her this morning. She did not want to eat her breakfast. I kept picking it up to keep it away from Oscar but I don't know who ended up finishing it. Tonight, after her happy ride time, she ate her supper right up. So that made us feel better.

It only got to the mid 50s today and there were even a few clouds and raindrops but there was no wind and that sun that shone most of the day felt just wonderful.

Tomorrow will be even warmer. I expect green on trees soon.

Love

Mary

No comments: