Friday, April 03, 2009

A satisfying day. Chelsea woke me up at 4:30AM again but I got back to sleep until 6:30 and since I was in bed by 9:30 last night, I am reasonably rested today. Spent a good bit of the morning vacuuming the office and the living room. I also got several appointments coordinated and several other questions answered as well as getting the desk a little cleaner.

I did go for lunch at the Dairy Queen with the bank ladies. I had not been able to go for several weeks because of conflicts and it was good to catch up again. We will not meet next week because it is Good Friday and most of us do attend Good Friday services in one church or another. Betty and Marlene both work at the polls in the Town of Sheboygan so they will be busy on Tuesday. At least they hope they will be busy, otherwise that day drags on for the workers. We forgot to get an absentee ballot for Dick so unless something changes, I will be the family voter. Hope he likes my choices.

I picked up a fish fry for Dick from St. John's. I worked at Rhine tonight so I just took a container full of pasta salad with crab for my supper. I also splurged on a candy bar for my dessert. Something I have not had since the mini bars from Halloween were eaten up.

I must make a dessert of some kind tomorrow. We want healthy desserts but do like a bit of sweet after our meals.

We were busy at Rhine. But there are less shooters these days. I think the economy is hitting them too. Ammo is more expensive as is the cost of the leagues. Our league fee is the same but the Trap fees have gone up so people are paring back a bit. This was the second week and after tonight we have 16 teams, which is less than usual but not too bad. We are down on pistol shooters, I hope some of them come in. Otherwise, I hope they come back in the fall league. It was so nice to have 15 or 16 pistol shooters in the winter league.

Anyway, I was in charge of the gun room and signed people in so was a busy person which is nice and makes the evening to fast. We were done with the shooters at 8:30 and I had the money all counted so they let me come home. They are very good to me because they know I need to be with Dick as much as possible.

My friend Maureen sent me the following:

After having dug to a depth of 10 feet last year, New York scientists found traces of copper wire dating back 100 years and came to the conclusion, that their ancestors already had a telephone network more than 100 years ago.

Not to be outdone by the New Yorkers, in the weeks that followed, a California archaeologist dug to a depth of 20 feet, and shortly after, a story in the LA Times read: 'California archaeologists, finding traces of 200 year old copper wire, have concluded that their ancestors already had an advanced high-tech communications network a hundred years earlier than the New Yorkers.

One week later, The La Crosse Tribune, a local newspaper in Wisconsin, reported the following: After digging as deep as 30 feet in his pasture near Coon Valley
Wisconsin, Ole Olson, a self-taught archaeologist, reported that he found absolutely nothing.

Ole has therefore concluded that 300 years ago, Wisconsin had already gone wireless. Thank Heaven for Ole.

Who said Wisconsinites are hicks?

Enjoy your weekend. We are supposed to be getting another snowstorm. What the heck is that? Doesn't Mother Nature know that it is April and almost Easter?

Love

Mary

No comments: