Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Today was a comparatively quiet day. I picked up my glasses at about 9AM. I CAN see better. I will however have to get used to the change in the bifocal because it makes a difference as to how I position my head. But distance and close are much better. Now Dick has his appointment on Thursday.

Then both of us had dentist appointments. We got a call moving the appointment up from 11:40 to 11AM which was fine with us because we got our lunch at a reasonable time. Dick's abscessed area is all healed and I have the cleanest teeth in the house.

We stopped at Dairy Queen for our lunch. We had good old cheeseburgers with fries. We got two burgers, split a coke, split an order of fries and split a bowl of chili. It all tasted really good.

The rest of the day we kind of rested and just puttered around. Chelsea is totally exhausted. I think the weekend with all the company was hard on her. Tonight I had my second voice lesson. That really was a lot of fun. For two lessons, I think I learned a lot. Samantha Pool is a good teacher. I will post a picture of her and her son. When she sang in Mary Calvey's Shamrocks and Shenanigans, her son, Michael, dressed up like a leprechaun and I took a picture of him and her. I asked her tonight if it was all right for me to post the picture.

When Leslie was here, we started talking about pets that we all had had in our lives. In the Deeley house, we had almost every possible pet except for large farm animals. (We even made pets of chickens.) Then someone gave us a parakeet. This parakeet was really ugly, he did not have many feathers but we felt sorry for him so he had a home with us until he died. He was not a really nice bird. When he was let out of his cage, he proceeded to eat Mom's wooden spice cabinet. And he was not really pleasant but he was ours. One warm sunny day, somebody took his cage outside so he could enjoy the nice weather. Somehow or other he got out of the cage and disappeared. I think everybody was secretly glad he was gone because they would have liked to get a bird that was not naked. But no such luck. He made it clear across town and someone found him. Our friends the Petri's heard about it and told whoever found it "The Deeley's have a bird with no feathers." So we got him back. He finally did die as all God's creatures do and I hope he was given a nice place in heaven and that his feathers were thick and gorgeous.

I tried to replace the license plates on the car with the new ones that we received the other day. The front ones were easy. Then I tried to take the back ones off. I could not budge the screws. I tried a couple of times and then was afraid of stripping the screw heads. So I stopped and sprayed them with WD 40. I called Jeff to see if he had any suggestions. He said that he would stop on their way back from taking Mom to the doctor. I drove around to the couple of errands I had with different plates on the front than on the back. Just in case, I carried the new back plate in the car. I figured is the unlikely happened and I got stopped, I could ask the police to fix it.

By the time Jeff got here I had managed to get three of the screws out. He did the last one for me. And I was then easily able to put the plate on. As Jeff, Kathy and I were visiting, I heard a dog collar rattling in the garage. I was wondering how Chelsea got out of the house and then realized that it was Katrina, my neighbor, Dick Kastberg's dog. So here came Dick. I introduced him to Jeff and Kathy. Suddenly, Jeff and Dick realized that they knew each other from the bowling alley in Cascade.

Small world.

So today is done and I need to get ready for bed. Tomorrow, Mother, Bobbie and I are going to the play Over the River and Through the Wood in Sheboygan. I have heard that it is wonderful.

Love

Mary

No comments: