Sunday, April 05, 2009

I did get to stay home all day today. Chelsea woke me at 4:30 but I got back to sleep and didn't get up til 6:40AM. I fed the critters and then took Chelsea out for her walk. We had a good walk but not as far as yesterday. She did not seem as interested today, maybe she doesn't like the colder weather either.

I made a dessert and mixed up some baked beans for our noon meal then took a nap at about 10:30. It helped I think but I am really tired now.

This afternoon, I did some sewing on some sweatshirt jackets that I want to take to the CWI gathering in May. I also worked a bit on another stump doll. She now has a skirt and hair. I am thinking of pipe cleaners for her arms this time and a vest and a cute wool purse or sporran that will be at her waist. She is evolving.

Roxie has been especially needy today. She keeps crawling into my lap for more loving. This is very nice but I always feel bad when I have to get up and disturb her. She is patient with me but I am sure it is an annoyance.

It is hard to believe that next week is Easter Sunday. I can go to the 8AM Mass or if I want to, maybe, go on Saturday night for the big Easter Vigil mass. It is a long service what with the blessing of fire, water and the baptizing of any who have been preparing and takes two or three hours. The trouble is that by 8PM of an evening, I am so beat that I can barely function.

Anyway, it was a quiet day. Dick slept most of the afternoon and a good chunk of the morning. His sleep patterns are getting all mixed up again. I hope it settles down soon. It makes it quiet around here but I miss having someone to talk to. Well, I guess I DO have three critters so what am I complaining about.

Take care and have a good week. The last week of Lent and then the feast of Easter.

Love

Mary

No comments: