Wednesday, April 08, 2009

A double busy day since Dick had two appointments. We had to be over at the Plymouth Clinic at 8:30 for his blood tests. They are in preparation for his physical next week with Dr. Sharon.

We went from there to Mc Donalds for breakfast as soon as they were done. Dick had to fast for the blood test so we were very hungry. Therapy started as soon as we could get to the center. Dick stood in his new shoe three times and it really looks good. Then he had to have his "every 10 visit" evaluation. While he was there, I decided to take care of a COUPLE of the errands that I had today. That did make the rest of the day easier.

We got home at about 11AM. I got Dick settled and then drove to Mother's house to bring her pills to her. She is doing well. Barb Mac Ewen had left my Mary Kay there so it was a win win situation. Mom's house cleaner was there when I got there. I didn't stay long because there was still a lot of day left and a lot to do with it.

It was truly a beautiful day. The temperatures got up to 55 degrees. It was sunny and there was no wind. I stopped at Walmart on my way home for MSM and new gloves for Dick to use pushing his wheel chair. His first pair is almost worn out. This pair is more leathery and should last a little longer.

When I got home, Dick was sleeping so I zipped back to the Pig and did our grocery shopping.

He was up when I got home so we ate our lunch. Good old leftovers. I tried to take a nap but was really not able to settle down enough.

So that was the day. I am almost done with the sweatshirt jackets for to take along to the CWI Gathering. I will have four - 2 red and 2 navy. So it was a busy and profitable day.

When I left Dick at the Center to do those errands, I had to come home to pick up my lists and coupons. On the way back out of Tallgrass two does appeared up on the berm near the railroad tracks. I stopped to look at them and they looked at me. Finally they bolted and ran across the road in back of me. It is really nice to see the wildlife. When Chelsea and I walk in the morning we have a regular chorus of happy birds singing now that spring is trying to come.

We go to see Dr. Moreno tomorrow. Pray with us that we get the green light to really get to walking now. That will make our lives so much easier AND will also help to speed up the process to get Dick's permanent prosthesis.

Love

Mary

No comments: