Monday, December 15, 2008

Well, today was not restful. But it was FUN.

That silly Chelsea woke me up at ten minutes to four to go out to the bathroom. It was 3 degrees and I told her that she was nuts but what can I do. I went right back to bed and slept until 6AM.

I wrapped some presents and cleaned the kitchen a bit before I left around 8:30 so I could stop and see Dick before heading to Sheboygan Falls for Bible Study. We did not get the ice storm that was predicted so the roads were just fine. It was just cold and windy.

Bible study was lively. We discussed the first reading for most of the session. It was in 2 Samuel (4 Kings if you have some bibles.) the reading where David wanted to build a house for the Arc of the Covenant as there was peace in the land and the Arc was still being housed in a tent. God told him to wait and let his son do it later. BUT it brought up the point of moneys that are spent to build big temples and big cathedrals and such. It is good to have beauty dedicated to the Lord and nice and comfortable places to worship, but as was brought up, is it really necessary to spend millions of dollars on renovating Cathedrals when there are hungry people in this land and all over the world. Something to mull over.

Then I went to Mom's. I had picked up a bulletin for her as she did not go to church Sunday. It was too wet and cold for her to be out. She admitted that she also felt rather weak on Sunday so I am glad that she is being very sensitive to her body. She and I talked about how lucky we are. We have her and she had her mother well up into the 90s. So many people lose their parents at young ages. I helped her put her tinsel on the Christmas tree. Her house looks very festive. She gave me my Christmas present early. She now buys us all a cheese box. Num Num.

Next I came home and let Chelsea out before getting gas and picking up Kate to go over to Antoinette's for our Cream City Writer's Christmas party. We had a really lovely time. We shared Christmas writings, had a good meal and exchanged Christmas presents. Sy also had my door prize and Christmas present from the Sheboygan County Writer's party. I love getting presents. We have a $5. limit so these are REALLY fun. From last week I got a nice ceramic snowman for a door prize and a box of chocolates and some pens and note paper for my present. Today my present was a pretty ceramic basket with candy and a Culver's certificate. WOW.

I took Kate home and had a cup of tea with her before heading home to again take care of Chelsea. I got things ready for my supper and took everything over to the Center to have supper with Dick. Then I stayed with him until 7PM.

Home again. Home again. Boy is that ever good. I am feeling quite content.

Read something in an email that I would like to share with you before I go to bed.
Freeman Dyson, physicist and author said.

"Whatever it is that you produce, a baby, a book, or a theory, it is a piece of the magic of creation. You are producing something that you do not fully understand."

Just something to think about.

Love

Mary

No comments: