Saturday, December 20, 2008

I went to the 4PM Mass tonight. Good thing. We are supposed to get 4 to six inches of snow tonight. If we do, I will not go to see Dick until later in the afternoon when things are plowed. When I was leaving, the neighbors that requested permission for us to get Roxie back asked if she was here. I was able to really thank them and tell them that Roxie is settled in, eating and seems very content again. I am grateful for people who care.

Today was the day to pick up Share and the morning got a bit crowded. I stopped to see Dick at 8:30 and took his phone. Then I went to Kate's and we got Share and payed for next month. Next, Kate and I went to Walmart so that I could add minutes to Dick's phone and pick up some milk. The milk turned into some potholders, some pants for me and an extra tin for buckeyes and fudge.

When I got home, I took care of Chelsea, petted the kitties, put the Share order away and then went back to the Center and had dinner (remember Dinner there is the noon meal.) It was quite good. Delicious beef, nondescript mashed potatoes, tasty veggies (not mushy) and pineapple upside down cake.

Then Dick and I "hung out" until about three when I came home to get ready for church and to work on the Stollen. I rolled it out and set it out to rise while I was at church. When I got home from church I fed everybody (including me) and then went back to spend a little more time with Dick. I was able to do everything that he needs help with today. Yesterday, I was not there. I massage the stump, help him get water and everything for teeth brushing and fill the cpap machine.

We got a card for Leslie today. It is musical. It plays Deck the Halls and Dick and I love it. Heard from Jim and Michelle. I was beginning to think that I should send a "where are you" message. They are settling in to their new digs and it sounds like all is going well. They are grateful to be only three miles from Michelle's place of work if nothing else.

The time for our Christmas meal is all set. We will have to do the same thing as we did on Thanksgiving. I am going to be sure that we have a place to gather for the dessert portion. Dick really liked that. It will only be two days after the graft is stitched in place and it would be dangerous to try to bring him home.

I have been trying to finish this blog and to get ready for bed but I keep getting phone calls. Wonderful phone calls. My friend, Barbara Litursky Sadler, called from Minnesota. She is basking in being a Grandma. Her daughter Paula had a daughter who will be 5 months old on Chrismas. Barbara also has a grandson who she lost contact with for a while in a divorce, but who's mother is now willing to share this grandson. He is 8 years old and so proud of "his" cousin, the new baby. He is so proud to be able to have someone related to him who is not a part of his half siblings. Isn't that cute.

Only four days until Christmas. I am ready as I can be.

Alice Walker said that "The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don't have any." Remember your power. We had it when we were babies and slowly let the world take it away. It says in the Koran the "Every child has the right to believe that God created the world JUST for him(or her)"

Love

Mary

No comments: