Friday, December 19, 2008

Today was a stay at home day. It had snowed ALL night so there was 4 to 6 inches piled up all around us. I let Chelsea out just from the garage door most of the day. I had to shovel out a little spot for her. The snow was almost as deep as she is tall and it is hard for a little dog to go potty when she can't even squat down.

They finally were able to come around to plow us out this evening when the snow stopped.

So - I mixed up the dough for the Stollen, assembled a couple of lasagna's (one for tomorrow night and one to freeze), did some Christmas cards both snail and email and designed a letterhead and envelope for the CWI. I will be sending out some letters to members who have not paid their dues since 2006. We are catching up and cleaning out the membership list. I also cleaned the bathrooms and kitchen floors.

It was peaceful but I am very tired. It is much nicer when Dick is here. At least now I have all of my critters to keep me company. One critter is not very happy with me. Chelsea got a bath this morning. She was just grubby and I felt that if I was home all day with her it was a good time for that bath. She is sparkling now.

Tomorrow there is not supposed to be any snow until evening. So. I will be able to visit Dick, get Share and go to Mass at 4PM.

Then Dick and I will have lasagna for supper together. We did not get our meal together today. And he is running out of minutes again. We have been talking more. I think I will give him my phone. It has lots more minutes than I need and may just last him. He and I are aiming for him to be home before January is over.

It is going to get colder again. Single digets again. I remember the year the boys and Dick Johnston and I came back for Christmas though. I swear that it was 10 to 16 below every day we were here. I remember that we walked out of the airport in Milwaukee and my California boys darn near froze in place. They had been up to Big Bear Mountain on Snow Jeep runs but never in their lives had they experienced THAT kind of cold. That was a fun time. We suprised Mom and Dad. All my brothers and sisters knew we were coming but not my parents. I remember that Mother said. "Well I guess that I will make cut out cookies after all." And she did and the boys helped her frost and decorate them.

Love

Mary

No comments: