Tuesday, December 16, 2008

A red letter day. I received an early Christmas present. My kitties are back in my home again.

I got up at 4 to take Chelsea out and it was -2degrees. Would you believe? I took the girl out and went back to bed until 6AM. It was still -2. It only got up to 9degrees all day. Unbelieveably cold.

I vacuumed the living room and took care of computer work then went over to the Center to stay with Dick through his therapy and dinner. I had to be home by 1PM when Bobbie and Bill brought the kitties. We put them in the old office with their litter box and water for a couple of hours. Bill worked a little more on the door. He has all the routing done (I think) Now the time comes when they come again to actually hang the door and see how it really works.

After they left, I opened the office door and sat in there writing out Christmas cards and watching TV to get them used to seeing me again. Eventually Oscar checked out the water and litter box then disappeared. I think he was exploring on his own or perhaps he found a nice care like place to rest for a while.

I fed them at their designated time 5:30. Roxie was a not a good eater. I rescued her food from Oscar and then from Chelsea and finally just shut her in the room and let her eat for a while. Then I figured if Oscar still wanted it he could have it.

Roxie is being stand offish but Oscar is being very friendly. I know they will be nervous for a while, but I know now that we will be all right. I am just hoping that Oscar will cuddle with me tonight. I have really missed that.

Have a great day tomorrow. I know I will

Love

Mary

No comments: