Friday, November 28, 2008

What a night and what a day.

I went to bed last night at about 8:00PM. Slept really good until about 11Pm. Then Chelsea woke me up because she was sick. So. I cleaned up after her and took her out just in case she needed to either be sick some more or go potty. Too much information? Sorry.

Then she woke me up again at 4AM for her usual trip outside. That worked OK though. I let her go out and then went back to bed until 6AM. Then I was ready to get up. We showered and walked and fed her. Richard and Brenda spent the night. They were not up at 8AM so I fixed a fruit cup and my breakfast and ate. I was just finishing up when they awoke so we had a nice visit while they had their breakfasts.

I left a little after 9 to stop off to see Dick before going to Mom's to help butcher the deer. Bobbie met me there and we had to come back here to pick up the meat slicer so that the steak could be cut more easily. It was a long session because there were four deer that needed to be butchered. A LOT of meat. It was good to see Lee and Cory Carpenter and Jason Karls. We only see them once a year. The Carpenter boy's dad Keith came by too. Always too see him. His wife Shirley, usually walks Mother home from church on Sundays. What a lovely lady she is.

Mom had her physical today. Jeff took her. Dr. Hancock said that she is in very good health. All of her complaints can be attributed to her age.

Shane is here in Wisconsin too with his girlfriend Georgina. She is lovely. Shane is planning on making Wisconsin his home again. It will be nice to have him back in the area.

Jessie, Randy's daughter, and the other lady hunter in our midst, (if you remember, a few years ago she got her first deer. So she is a better hunter that I am.) also helped with the butchering. Can you imagine how long it would have taken without all the help. Dick was a bit upset with me because he did not want me to work that hard. He wants me to stay home tomorrow and rest. I will do that but will go to see him sometime around going to afternoon Mass.

Bobbie and I were so delighted. They gave us a whole share to split because we worked so hard. As neither of us hunted this year, we didn't expect more that a package or two.

I had supper in the dining room at the Center with Dick tonight. It was a turkey Croissant and potato soup with strawberry shortcake for dessert. We enjoy that time together. The residents were happy tonight. Lots of joking and laughter going on. Thanksgiving must have been good for them.

I will be going to bed at exactly 9PM tonight. Not only am I very tired BUT Chelsea is really pestering me trying to get me to go to bed right NOW.

Be warm and safe as November goes away and December comes in. Can you believe that Sunday is the First Sunday of Advent? I will put up my Advent Envelope hanging. I showed you that didn't I? I need to pick up some candy canes for the pockets. Maybe not quite so many as I always had Jim to eat them before and since he and Michelle are moving to Oshkosh in the middle of December, he won't be here to eat them all. But I will have to have some for him.

Take care.


All my love

Mary

No comments: