Monday, November 24, 2008

Today was a much better day. I woke up with a very tender tooth but as the day has progressed, the pain has ebbed.

It was snowing this morning when Chelsea woke me up at 5AM. She, of course, was delighted. I let her do her duty, then went back to bed until 6 or so. After we both ate and I showered, we DID go out for a short walk, but it was way too slippery to go too far. We saw a couple of the neighbors as I left for Bible Study. Our neighbor Dick is going to Colorado to spend Thanksgiving with his son. Chelsea and I will miss seeing him and his dog, Katrina on our morning walks.

Bible Study was interesting, as always. The first reading from Isaiah was very confusing. We use different bible translations, and the reading skipped a couple of verses. To top it off the different translations had numbered the verses differently. That was really a kick. We did the best we could and are all waiting to see how it sounds on Sunday. Sunday will be the beginning of the new church year, the first Sunday of Advent. All this year we have had the gospels from Matthew, Now we are hearing from Mark and were warned that we have to be ready as we don't know when the Lord will come. Tom Keys was funny. He said that was driving along and saw a bumper sticker that said, "Drive Carefully, In case of the Rapture, this car will be empty." He said he kind of resented it. How do they know that his car won't be empty too.

Mom and I had a nice and successful day. We went out to Gibbsville to do our Christmas cheese shopping and then over to the Parkview Restaurant for lunch. It made a nice long visit. The snow had cleared up just fine so we did not have to worry about her being in a slippery situation and it was a pretty drive with all the trees covered with their marshmallow coating.

When I got home, I called the dentist. He is suggesting that I have a root canal on that sore tooth so we scheduled that for next Tuesday at 4:30PM.

Then I took a nap. I slept for about an hour and a half. I got to the Center to visit with Dick FINALLY at about 4PM. I brought fried rice and teriaki steak for our supper. A couple of the peanut butter cookies I baked made a fine dessert.

My friend Joe from Bible Study gave us some nice prayer cards and one on hugging that I will share with you.

Hugging - The perfect Cure For Whatever Ails You

No movable parts
No batteries to wear out
No periodic checkups
Low energy consumption
High energy yield
Inflation-proof
No monthly payments
No insurance requirements
Theft-proof
Non-taxable
Non-polluting
And, of course, fully returnable.


Have a great day and lots of hugs to you.

Mary

No comments: