Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Just think. Tomorrow will be Thanksgiving already. I am looking forward to it as Richard and Brenda will be here along with Bobbie and Bill and Jim and Michelle.

Today was rather uncomfortable. My tooth hurt most of the day, not bad but just enough to make me unsettled. I stayed with Dick this morning when he was doing his therapy, then came home for lunch here. I went to Rocky Knoll at about 2PM to sit in on the Amputation Support Group which meets once a month. That was nice. There were three amputees and two spouses besides me. Nice and intimate. I know that they will be a good resource. Scott had his right arm amputated and took it off because his stump was cold. He just slings it over his shoulder if he has to take it out. Quite a sight.

I came home after the meeting to feed Chelsea and give her her meds. Then packed up a supper for myself and went off to the Center. Dick and I had supper in the dining room. That was fun. There was a lot of activity and conversation which makes the meal pleasant.


It is almost time for me to go to bed. I will take my last pennicilon and a pain pill and hope to sleep all night tonight. Last night was not too good.

Here is a Thanksgiving story for you that I received by email from a friend. Enjoy


A young man named John received a parrot as a gift. The parrot had a bad
attitude and an even worse vocabulary. Every word out of the bird's mouth
was rude, obnoxious and laced with profanity. John tried and tried to change
the bird's attitude by consistently saying only polite words, playing soft
music and anything else he could think of to "clean up" the bird's
vocabulary.

Finally, John was fed up and he yelled at the parrot. The parrot yelled
back. John shook the parrot and the parrot got angrier and even ruder. John,
in desperation, threw up his hand, grabbed the bird and put him in the
freezer. For a few minutes the parrot squawked and kicked and screamed. Then
suddenly there was total quiet. Not a peep was heard for over a minute.


Fearing that he'd hurt the parrot, John quickly open the door to the
freezer, the parrot calmly stepped out onto John's outstretched arms and
said, "I believe I may have offended you with my rude language and actions.
I'm sincerely remorseful for my inappropriate transgressions and I fully
intend to do everything I can to correct my rude and unforgivable behavior."


John was stunned at the change in the bird's attitude.

As he was about to ask the parrot what had made such a dramatic change in
his behavior, the bird continued, "May I ask what the turkey did?"

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Love and Happy Thanksgiving. We have so much to be thankful for. Now to pray for health.

Love

Mary

No comments: