Thursday, October 30, 2008

Well, it was cold when I woke up this morning. 37 but warmed up nicely during the day. Chelsea tries to get me up at 5AM but I gave her some lettuce and managed to sleep until 6:30.

I had received a call from Gary at Burkhart that they had a loaner for me. I am glad. Kate is SO sweet to let me use hers but I don't like her to be car less either. Anyway, the trick was to get her car back to her and me to Burkhart. Kate was trying to get all those baskets ready for the raffle on Saturday at St. John's AND get ready to take Ron to St. Luke's Hospital tomorrow morning and couldn't be transporting me. SO, I called on my friend Nancy again. She lives just a half a block from Kate and I asked her if she would drive me to the car dealers. So, I dropped off the car at Kate's, then walked over to Nancy's house and she drove me there. I am now driving a Ford Escape. Gary told me that the parts HAVE come in so I may have The Explorer before next Wednesday if all goes well.

I spent time with Dick while he did his PT. I had a nice long talk with Lori about making the home accessible and safe. She said that a ramp is probably a given so I think I will talk to Jeff about that tomorrow. He is going to be here and stopping to see Dick in the morning before going over to Mom's to do some things for her.

I came home to eat at noon and watered the plants that are now in the garage, finished sweeping the deck and pruning things and make some potato salad and deviled eggs for our supper. I oven roasted some chicken legs to go with them and Dick was a happy camper tonight. He even asked for an NA Beer.

Tomorrow is Halloween. If Dick is not downstairs at therapy, he will have the pleasure of handing out candy to a bunch of Here We Grow preschoolers who will trick or treat at the Center. It is always fun to see the really little ones.

Did I tell you that Dick stood for 50 seconds today? We were really excited. At least I was. He was tired.

Love

Mary

No comments: