Monday, October 27, 2008

Today was really really busy. Chelsea tried to get me up at 5 - fat chance. I gave her some lettuce (I think she is working me) and got up a bit after 6 to begin our day. I showered and got some computer stuff done and ate breakfast and took Chelsea for her real walk. She was quite perky this morning. It was cold but not too windy so we enjoyed it.

At about 8:30 I left and stopped at Mike Burkart Ford to get an estimate on the Ford. They needed more time and Gary told me that they would need the car for three to four days SO I went on to Sheboygan Falls for Bible Study and to see Mother before I committed the car to them. Mom is fine and was going over to church to play cards this afternoon. People are REALLY good. Gloria Zeisel called while I was there to find out if Mom was planning on going to the card playing. She make plans to stop and take Mom across the street because it looked like it would be too windy and they care about Mom.

I got home just before noon and packed up some stew and salad for Dick and I to eat for our lunch together, then at 2 I went back to Mike Burkart. Gary drove me home and I walked back to see Dick for a couple of hours. I walked BACK home at about 4:30 and am here for the night.

This afternoon, called my friend Nancy who will take Chelsea and I to the Vet tomorrow. I will then have her drop me off at Kate's house. I called Kate too, to see if she could come and get me at 3:30 tomorrow so we could connect with the CWI conference call and then go to the church dinner that she is cooking meatloaf for. She told me that I should just come after Chelsea's appointment and I can use her car for the next couple of days. People are SO good. What a relief. It saves so much time as I was planning on walking back and forth at least twice each day. Anyway, that is solved and am I ever grateful. God is good. He has sent me good friends who watch over me.

Bible Study was very interesting as we were reading a passage in the Old Testament from Wisdom which alluded to an afterlife and a reward for goodness. This is very unusual in the Old Testament as the Jewish people, at least at that time, considered their afterlife to be the continuance of the Jewish people - children. It was Wisdom 3 1-9. We rediscovered that not all Christian Bibles have the book of Wisdom. One of our participants, Helen Morgan, announced that she was without Wisdom and would just have to listen when we went round the table reading the verses. It became a lively discussion. All three readings related to hope. We came to the concensus that the word Hope in the bible means expectation and not "wishing'.


Have a good week

Love

Mary

No comments: