Tuesday, October 28, 2008

It did not get as cold as they predicted last night but it was cold anyway. Chelsea and I had a nice walk anyway after it got light. That is working quite well. I take her out to relieve herself, but wait until after my shower, our breakfasts and whatever until it is light. We don't see anybody at that time, which kind of surprises me. I wonder if the walkers we used to see just stick to the time, even if it is dark.

I now have almost all of my outdoor work done, Just a couple of pots to decide what to do with. I wish I could save my fuchsia, it is still lovely despite the cold.

My friend Nancy came and picked up Chelsea and me at 9:45AM. Barb Wallner's daughter Dana was working at Kettle Moraine this morning and took her in to draw the blood. Then, I heard this afternoon from Dr. Connors. Chelsea's B.U.N. level is up more, so she is adjusting the meds again and we will retest next week again.

Nancy then dropped us both off at Kate's house. Kate and I had a cup of coffee and Chelsea explored. She seemed to enjoy Kate's home. Probably smelled the cats. She did manage to fall down the stairs during her exploration but did not hurt herself. Her vision is getting kind of weak and that stairwell is dark with high steps.

Next, I took her home and went over to see Dick for the first time today. He was all done with his therapy. We ate lunch together in his room. Shortly after two, Ross, the social director, came in and said that Marlene Schueffner was looking for Dick. She is one of my bank retired ladies and calls BINGO once a month as a volunteer. So Dick and I went down to the dining room and he played bingo. Everybody wins. That is cool. He won a very nice crocheted lap robe and a candy bar that made his sugar shoot up to 180. He said it was worth it.

I left at about 3:30 so I could get home to walk Chelsea and give her the pills and get over to Kate's for the CWI Conference call. That went very well. Kate and I left almost immediately for St. Paul's Episcopal Church for a weekly fellowship dinner that they are hosting. It is free for anybody and this week, St. John's provided the food and bodies to work. The idea is to provide a meal out for fellowship, fun and/or need. It is fledgling but seems to be going well. Kate had made meatloaf for the meal.

After we were done there, I came home to dry some of Dick's shorts and to feed Chelsea before going over to the Center to say goodnight to him and deliver some clothes.

Tomorrow will be busy also. I have to be at the Center at 7:45 because we will be leaving for Dick's doctor appointments at 8AM. I wonder about his breakfast.

I have to go to the bank and grocery shopping too so that will fill up the day.

Hope all is well with you and that the days stay nice, today may have been cold, but it was pleasant.

I have printed this before but it is worth repeating. "Whenever God closes one door He always opens another, even though sometimes it is hell in the hallway."

Love

Mary

No comments: