Friday, October 31, 2008

For some reason, I kept thinking that today was Saturday.

I got up a bit after 6AM. Walked Chelsea and took a shower. It is Halloween. I put on my new orange shirt with the witch embroidered on the turtleneck and the nice Halloween sox that Nancy gave to me and was ready for the day.

I went over to the Center at about 8:30AM so I could be with Dick for the kids from Here We Grow when they came up trick or treating at about 9:30. We missed part of it because Dick was down at his physical therapy session, but he felt he had his share. These are pre-schoolers and are cute as the dickens. We saw superheros, princesses, animals, fairies and anything else you can imagine. Two of the caregivers brought in their kids too. It was fun to see their children.

I love pre-schoolers. They were not ashamed at all to stare at Dick's stump and to ask him what happened. We told them that it got hurt or sick and that the doctor had to take it off but we also assured them that he was going to get a new one.

Jeff stopped by to see Dick at about 10:15. Dick had just gotten involved and could not visit but they were able to say HI! I had to leave about then too in order to go to the Blood Center to donate blood today. Jeff and I stopped at the condo as Jeff had some venison and veggies for us. He measured for the wheelchair platform and ramp we will need when Dick comes home. I need to do some research on length and premade, then we will decide. Thank God for such a wonderful family. Jeff has been ready to help all along with this ramp thing.

So, I gave blood today. That went well. My appointment was at 11 and I was out at noon, in time to get to the Dairy Queen for lunch with my bank buddies. I had not been there for SO long. It was good to catch up. Marlene, Joyce, Ceil, Barb and Dawn were there. Betty will be back home from the east tomorrow.

When I finished lunch, I stopped at home to walk the girl and pick up the mail. Then back to stay with Dick until I had to leave for Rhine for the bust up party. Jim and Michelle came in shortly after I did. They WERE going to take Dick's computer home but he decided that he wanted to keep it there for just a little while. So they "trick or treated" from the remainder of the candy we had to give the Here We Go kids and then came here to clean. Yes, they are still cleaning for me which is a blessing. They took care of feeding Chelsea and giving her meds to her so I could go right out to Rhine.

The bust up party was fun. With Toni and Janet and Nancy shooting pistol, it makes it more exciting for me. I got there at 5PM and Doc immediately told me that I was going to be the MC announcing the Trophy Winners and running the gun room.
The meal was super delicious. We had chicken, potato salad and beans and desserts to die for. Bill Olson brought his famous peach cobbler, Lynn Reich brought a great banana cake that is in the current Kraft Food and Family, Toni Nevicosi brought a pumpkin pie and Jean brought sugar cookies.

The MCing went very well. I just told them that as each trophy was presented I got a hug. I had to stand on a chair to be seen and heard. As soon as I was done, Doc made me get off the chair, I think he was afraid that I would fall.

Anyway, it was a nice evening and a good meal. I left early enough to be able to stop and give Dick a good night kiss. Now I am home. I have been home less than an hours and that goofy Chelsea is asking to go out for the third time. I am sure that she really just wants me to go to bed now AND she wants attention. But she is such a pest. Here is something I wrote about her last winter.


THE TROUBLE WITH DOGS

The trouble with dogs
Is that they steal your heart.
Then they age so fast
That YOU fall behind.

Love

Mary

No comments: