Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Hey. I did a rundown of yesterday and forgot to tell you a couple of really goofy things that happened. So, you get an extra. In case you already read last night's post you can enjoy these things.

I mentioned that Jim and Michelle went down to the cafeteria to be with me when I ate dinner. We parted on the first floor, they to home and me back up to the 4th floor. I walked down the long hall and into room 451 and THE ROOM WAS EMPTY. The bed was gone with my sweetheart in it. I stood there a second, mouth gaping and then dashed to the desk. Where is he Where is he. They started to laugh and assured me that all was OK. He had been taken down to Dr. Siddique to have the pick line put in his arm and he was back up in about 45 minutes. Right after Dr. Siddique came to talk to me.

The other was not as dramatic. After we hung up from talking to Richard, the desk nurse gave me a note to call a Gene at a Sheboygan number. We didn't recognize the number or remember a Gene who would be calling but I called anyway just in case. This Gene had the wrong hospital or ward or room because he was looking for someone named Elmer. So I took the note back out to the nurse and they do not have an Elmer on the floor.

Love

Mary

No comments: