Friday, September 12, 2008

Dick is all transferred to the Rehab Place. He is at the Plymouth Care Center.

I got up at just after 5AM and really rushed Chelsea on her walk so I could get showered an to the hospital before 7AM. I wanted to be there when Dr. Fehrman came and I MADE it. Dick was again glad to see me. He is still having difficult nights and is SO glad when I get there.

The morning was spent with bathing, therapy, tests and checking out. He had very little time to rest and then the Wheelchair Taxi came. I had intended on leaving earlier and picking up the things that he needed but he wanted me to stay for the checkout so I did that.

I got to the Care Center before he did. Jim and Michelle had hooked up his computer for games and gotten the TV working so the room was as set as it could be. We got there just in time for lunch which we ate together. On the way to the sunroom, which is a bit more private than the dining rooms, Mary, one of the nurses gave us a tour of the facility so Dick could get his bearings. The lunch was delicious, salmon, rice and asparagus with lemon meringue pie for dessert. Then started the admission process. This was exhausting for him but thank heavens it only has to be done once.

I left at just before 3 to try to get a nap. I did manage a short one before the phone rang but it did help, I felt much better for the rest of the day.

I did a load or two of wash and gathered up the things that Dick needs to be comfortable over there. I am so glad that he is so much closer now. On the way I filled the gas tank.

I spent a bit over an hour with Dick. Jim and Michelle came for a quick visit too while I was there. I changed the right food dressing and then left. I had to go to Walmart to exchange the cell phone and get the number and the minutes that I had left transferred. My old one died JUST when I needed to give it to Dick in the Rehab Center. There are no phones in the rooms and it would cost $50 to hook one up PLUS cost for calls. It would have been nice if I did not have to replace the phone but even that only cost $20.

Now I am home and winding down. Chelsea is glad that I am here. She will be in for a surprise next week when I take her to visit Dick. Pets are welcome. Isn't that nice?

Actually, Chelsea is DEMANDING that I go to bed now. So I will not disappoint her.

Now Dick is settled for at least several weeks until we have the safety issues settled. I miss him already. Please also pray for my friend Kate's husband, Ron, who had another stint put in his heart.

Love. Mary

No comments: