Thursday, September 11, 2008

Chelsea and I got up at about 5:30 this morning. It was a perfect day for a walk and I got the kinks out before I headed for Brantmeier to get the car serviced. It was actually past due but now we are back on schedule. Then I came back home to give Chelsea one more chance to empty her very old bladder before I went back to Memorial to be with Dick.

He is doing OK but is very tired and forgetful. I will be so glad when all the meds are out of his system and he is settled down. He is exhausted. Tomorrow, he will be transferred to Plymouth Care Center at the old Valley View Hospital. There he will be safe and undergo therapy to build him up again. Jim, Michelle and I went over there this afternoon to view the room and take a TV over there for Dick. It is a nice room at the end of the hall. I liked the staff. We met the director, the admissions social worker and three of the nurses. The nurses seem to be all named Mary. This will be easy AND confusing.

Jim and Michelle were also taking Dick's computer over so that he will be able to use it. He will have everything but internet. So he can play games and do a lot of other things that are resident. I will be taking his wheelchair and walker and probably the green recliner. He is not too excited about that but I think we will insist. He needs a variety of places to sit and be comfortable. We don't want sore bottoms or anything like that.

I feel bad that I am not more able to be three nurses which seems to be the magic number required at this point to move him safely, but I am not. We will be just fine.

Yesterday I saw Sy Regan walking down the hall so I zipped out to say Hi and found out that his wife Nora had had a second hip replacement. Today, I saw that her door was ajar so asked a nurse if she was "receiving" visitors and then went to see her. She is in great humor and already walking a bit. She had the other hip done in June and because that went so well was willing to do this one. She is really a joy. She told me that she was just glad that she is not a spider. Six more would be just too much.

Tom Keyes and Lorraine Schaap were in the hospital to visit Nora today and I happened to see them so they came in to say HI to Dick and we prayed over him. Prayers are the answer now. We have used his tools, the doctors and medical science and now we need Him to finish the job.

Take care,

I NEED to go to bed now

Mary

No comments: