Wednesday, August 13, 2008

A typical Wednesday. Dick shut Chelsea out of the bedroom so I got to sleep until a little after 6AM. Could have done better if my body did not start aching, but it did.

We had a nice walk. There had been rain during the night but we managed to walk "between the drops" and it was very pleasant.

I then took a shower and zipped off to the bank and Mc Donalds for the first of my morning errands. We, as I said yesterday, have half a date being as I bring breakfast in. Dick had a big breakfast and I had a bacon egg and cheese biscuit. When we opened everything up, Dick had a big breakfast DELUXE which also has pancakes. He can't even eat a big breakfast so we put the biscuit and the pancakes aside for another meal.

Then I went to the Pig to do our shopping. I was totally dis-com-bub-erated. (sound it out). First, I picked out a product that I thought had Pig Points for gas and questioned that. (I was wrong) Then I had forgotten to hand in my Brewer 4 point for a home run coupon, so had to go back for that. They are so very nice at the Pig. After two years I really feel at home there.

We were able to spend the rest of the day at home. I baked some cupcakes. I made Cauldron Cakes. A recipe that I found from Harry Potter. They are very good. I did add my own frosting, a brown sugar cooked frosting which really sets them off. I think Harry and his friends would like them even better.

Tonight we had chicken and spinach with potatoes for dinner. Dick had peas and I had sweet potato for our veggies.

It is getting much closer to Irishfest. I only have three empty seats on the bus now, much better than five. But feel free to join us. I am trying to contact the Celtic Women to be sure that I connect with all who are there. I have pulled a schedule and am going to be sure that I don't frantically run around like a chicken with a head cut off this year. I want to find some Heather and Moss soap and find Cindy Matyi and listen to Tom Sweeney and find my CWI friends. Then I want to join the song circle for at least an hour.

For some reason or other I remembered a story my ex husband experienced. He worked on putting together sport fishing boats. As he said, they are the kind of boat that if you have to ask how much it costs, you can't afford it.

He went out on a shake down cruise with an owner and with a fellow worker who was really a dork. They did some fishing while on the cruise and hooked up a shark. Not a real big one but a shark. This goofy friend stepped out on the back step and reached down to pull the shark in managing to stick his arm right in the fish's mouth. Chomp. Fortunately it let go almost as fast as it bit, BUT they had to abort the cruise and take him in to the doctor on Catalina. He suffered for a long time from that bite. Shark bites don't heal easily. Apparently, it was a really dumb thing to do because my ex was more irritated than worried about his friend.

Have a nice Thursday. Pray for us as Dick gets his MRI.

Love

Mrry

No comments: