Thursday, August 14, 2008

Boy did we have rain today. It was really nice when Chelsea and I went out walking. It was actually a little cool but the sun soon warmed us both up.

I spent the morning working on getting things ready for the Irishfest Bus trip. If Candy is right, we now have a full bus. Whew. Things were getting a bit tight. Then after lunch, Dick and I headed for Sheboygan Memorial for his MRI. That is when the rain started. It was sprinkling when we pulled out of the garage but it turned into a full blown cloudburst as we were going down Highway 23. I HATE driving in that kind of rain. One always is afraid of hydroplaning. EEEWWW.

But we got there alright. They have valet parking at the hospital and believe you/me, we took advantage of it today. They are ALWAYS helpful getting Dick into the wheelchair and into the building whether I park or they do. We were there right at 12:15 for our 12:30 appointment. Which is what we were told to do. Then they were behind. An in patient had come in with lots of problems and Dick was not taken in until 1:15 or so. Then the process which the technician told him would take 35 minutes lasted well over an hour. He did not get back out to me until 2:30. I guess the process itself is 35 minutes but this does not account for the time of preparation and changing. He was so uncomfortable as this is all done on his back and he is miserable on his back. BUT it is done. Now we have to wait to hear from Dr. Moreno as to the results and the next steps.

By the time we got out the rain had stopped and the sun was shining. So the trip home was just fine. Dick pretty much just headed for bed for a nap.

We had an early supper and he rested again. It is now about 7:30 and we are doing a second Sequential Compression before I go to bed. I am really tired and will be very glad to get to bed.

I was talking to someone on Sunday at the Reunion of the Clans picnic and was telling about the Clifford Crest and remembered that as young kids, we always believed, probably from something that Dad said, that we came from royalty. Ireland was after all an island of kings. We called our home Deeleyville and I remember dressing George up in robes and a Crown and calling him the King od Deeleyville when he was just a little guy. Kind of nice to feel that you are royal and special from the time you are young.

Love

Mary

I read that in the Torah it says something like this. "Every child has the right to believe that God created the world Just for him."

No comments: