Monday, August 11, 2008

Another LONG day. I am very tired and we are almost smack in the middle of the Packer's First pregame. Whew. So far I am not sure. I need to figure out who all the players are. Right now both teams have scored twice, but we are behind, as the Bengals got two touchdowns and we had one and a field goal.

Chelsea and I had a crisp walk this morning. The temperature was 51 when we headed out. I actually like that. It makes for very comfortable walking. They were getting ready to put the asphalt on Highview. Sure will be glad when that is done. They seem to be pretty much done for now as they were done with the first layer before Dick and I came home from the doctor this afternoon. The barricades are down and everything.


I went to bible study at 9:30AM. We had a pretty good turnout and lively discussions. The readings were about the Lord expecting us to welcome EVERYBODY at the table. And the readings were from both the Old and New Testaments.

Then I went to visit Mom. She was nicely rested from the busy day at the picnic yesterday. I brought her some Jello and coleslaw which she was happy for. I had a couple of things to do for her and then headed for home so Dick and I could lunch and get to Sheboygan to see Dr. Moreno.

Things are mixed there. There was another blister on his right foot but it had drained so Dr. Moreno cleaned it up and dressed it. The wound itself looks pretty good. Wish we could say the same for the left foot. The wound is down to the bone and bleeding. Dr. Moreno has set up an MRI. After the results of that we may have to see a surgeon to work on it. I don't understand totally, but apparently there is great danger of infection in the bone and this must be removed. So pray for good results and good doctoring. The MRI is Thursday.

Home again. I watered all the pots and filled the birdbath. Then I worked on various paperwork. I have one more person signed up for the trip. Luanne called and does not have another person so we are down to four empty seats. I am hoping for more from the ad in the
Blessed Trinity bulletin.

Well, As soon as Dick is done "sequential compressing" I will go to bed. I probably will not sleep well until the game is over, but I will try. Tomorrow, we will be home all day. I am SO glad.


Mary

WINNERS VS. LOSERS

Losers quit when they are tired.
Winners quit when they have won.


Author unknown

No comments: