Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Thought I had better get an early start tonight, since I was so delinquent last night.

This morning we had to have Dick at the Anti Coagulation Clinic at 8:45AM so we got an early start. His blood count or whatever the status is was 2.9, so that is three weeks that he has been OK. We are encouraged. We will check again in two weeks unless he is put back on antibiotics which we hope is not likely.

The rest of the day was ours. I went grocery shopping this morning while Dick took his nap. I got home in time to put the groceries away and fix lunch, then I took a little nap.

This afternoon, I watered the deck plants and vaccuumed the den and sewed the ragged ends of the sleeves that I put on Dick's legs when we do the sequential compression. We are now on the third of three for the day. Whew. Some days it is hard to get three compressions in. Time gets away from us.

I fixed oven fried chicken drumsticks, raw fried potatoes and fresh green beans from my own garden for supper and then we had strawberry shortcake. I remember that my brother in law, George Hiner, after a good meal, would say "I wonder what the rich people are eating tonight?"

I remember one meal that I had at Jacquie and George's house. He was growing Ortega Chilies in his garden and we made Chili Rellanos, a marvelous dish of Ortegas, stuffed with cheese and then dipped in a special egg batter and fried and served hot with salsa. They are SOOOOOO good and with the fresh chilies were to DIE for. Until, my ex husband got a really hot one and got the hiccups like you could not believe. (But they still were heaven to eat. I must make them sometime for us again. It has been years since I made them.)

Love

Mary

No comments: