Wednesday, June 11, 2008

You may boast of your knowledge, and brag of your sense,
'Twill be all forgotten a hundred years hence. "

Rye Whisky". Traditional.

Today was a very quiet day overall. Because it is our grocery shopping day and Dick can't go until his knee is better, I went and got our breakfast at Mc Donalds. We like to keep our traditions going you know. Then I went shopping. That was interesting. I am going to be making June's Mac and Cheese pretty soon and am going to try Wolfgang Puck's recipe. He used truffles. SO, I asked at the Pig if they have truffles (having already checked online and KNOWING that they cost $50 per pound MINIMUM). As I suspected ----- they do not carry them but the expert in produce said that Portabella, would a a possible substitute as a mushroom with an underlying woody taste, so I am afraid that Wolfgang's recipe will have a substitution.

Mary Meschler, the Occupational Therapist from VNA came over this afternoon. She checked out the area available to move around with the wheelchair and gave some suggestions as to how to make more room or perhaps to change our whole HOUSE functioning. We are considering everything. I am going to do some measuring and I know that I have graph paper around here so we can do some "Paper planning."

I also did some vacuuming in the den and downstairs bedroom. That turned out to be a project in itself. The bag on the turbo was STUFFED, so I went up to get a new one and couldn't find a bag that fit. SO I pulled the canister vacuum down and THAT bag needed changing too. BUT I finally did get it done. By then I was exhausted.

We had Chili for supper tonight and the last of the blueberry cobbler. Boy was that a good blueberry cobbler. This week I picked up some raspberries. I do love spring and summer with all the good fruit. Last week I made a pineapple, watermelon, grape salad that was to DIE for.

Hope your week is doing well. Tomorrow I will take the Explorer for it's first oil change. It keeps giving me a message that I should be getting close to doing this. We now have 4000 miles on the car and for the first oil change, that should be just about right.

Have a nice Thursday.

Love

Mary

No comments: