Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Another long day. Chelsea woke me up at 4PM but I gave her lettuce and shut her out of the bedroom until the alarm went off at 6AM. I wanted to get up then because we had to have Dick to the Anti Coagulation Clinic by 9AM and there was a lot to do before we left.

Chelsea and I had a nice walk. We saw our lady with the cane this morning. Chelsea has been getting me up so early lately that we are not seeing any of our regulars.

His count was better this week. Still a bit low but better so we made a minor adjustment and went on our way. We go home at about 9:45AM, just in time to greet Josh from the Visiting Nurses bringing Dick his Wheel Chair. He went over everything with us and we made sure it would fit through the doors. It does. We have do do some jerry rigging to get him to his desk but it can be done and it is much more comfortable than on the walker.

After Josh left, I did some computer work and fixed lunch. Then we got Dick down for a nap and I had to head for Aurora for my Physical Therapy. This is my second session and I am doing my homework. So far, with the storms and all, I am still hurting a lot, though I do feel looser tonight and will let you know if there is any relief in the morning.

When I got home it as almost time for Dick's Physical Therapist from the Visiting Nurses to come. Sarah was wonderful. She helped us understand the wheelchair a lot, gave us some tips to help Dick get down the stairs to the garage floor AND put him through some exercises and gave him homework exercises.

She was our last appointment. It makes a long long day. Tomorrow is much better. I will shop in the morning. We decided that I will go to pick up breakfast at Mc Donalds so it will be like we are going out for our usual Wednesday breakfast. The only other appointment we have is with Mary Meschler, the Occupational Therapist at 1PM. We are really hoping that she can help us figure out how to make Dick's showers safer. We are concerned because of the numbness and the pain in the knee. I am so grateful for all the help we are getting. The Visiting Nurses are just wonderful.


Poor Chelsea is very confused. She has never had this many strangers come into her home before in her entire life. And she is old and "sot in her ways". She keeps looking at me like she is just asking that things go back to normal. She is very polite to the people that come. I am proud of her.

Hope you all are well. Saturday we do not have to go anywhere.

Love
Mary

No comments: