Monday, June 09, 2008

The rain has stopped, at least temporarily. Good thing too, there is flooding in the county and some of the homes on June Grass and Cattail Lanes have had seepage into their basements because the grading around the homes was not done properly.

Chelsea and I had a nice walk. I did not get any mosquito bites. She decided to go through the park and back through the woods. I really had to make her run through the woods. Wasn't easy either, with all the rain, our path is almost overgrown. Saturday, if it is not raining, I am going to spray myself with insect spray and go over it to pull all the overgrowth. I had to fix it last spring too.

I went to Bible Study today. There were 7 of us there. The readings next week are nice and all fit nicely together. We are promised that if we keep the "covenant", meaning the 10 Commandments we are members of a royal priesthood. Sounds like a good deal to me. We also decided that when things are difficult, we are so happy to have Jesus to call on. How sad if people have no God to help. Where does their strength come from.

Then I stopped at Mom's. She looked lovely with a new permanent. She asked me to help her pick out something for the wedding that she I am taking her to on Friday night. It is my Cousin Brian Ayers son. We picked out a really pretty pantsuit. She will look lovely and be very comfortable in it. As we were in her bedroom next to her fishtank, I noticed baby fish. She had not seen them before and we don't know WHO the parents are. There were at least 9 of them. We do not know if they hatched or were live births. There are enough that if the big fish get hungry, some of the little things should be able to make it.

Got home and fixed lunch then tried to nap. The phone rang four times. One was the nurse who came to check Dick out at 4:30 this evening, one was a call for Celtic Women, one was they guy who is bringing the wheel chair tomorrow and the last was the therapist who is coming the give Dick physical therapy. Whew.

Suzi, Dick's niece, called tonight. She has been having some problems too. Notably, a vacation trailer she owned was destroyed in a tornado. Poor thing. That was her retreat. Hopefully something will come up that she can replace it.

Tonight Jim and Michelle and I went to present some requests and questions to the Tallgrass Condo Board. I requested a change to the bylaw that says one can only have one pet. That multiple cats, of a size, if kept inside , would be OK. It will be FOREVER, but will be brought up at the next general meeting.

Guess that is all. This has been a marathon day and tomorrow is JUST as bad. The people who are coming to help us are all just wonderful. We need to address the shower situation. Dick is just in so much pain and so unsteady that we worry.


Love

Mary

No comments: