Friday, June 13, 2008

Well, here I am, finally winding down from two of the longest days of the week. One would think that all days, since they consist of 24 hours, would be the same length but they are not.

The night before last was a difficult one, I got very little sleep and then we had to be in Sheboygan to see Dr. Moreno. Dr. Moreno was pleased with the look of the callouses. He said that the big one had shrunk a little bit and was not doing something that it is not supposed to. I guess I need to get a medical dictionary here sometime.

When we got home I took the car for servicing. As it turns out it will come under the maintenance agreement we purchased in about a thousand more miles, so they just made sure it was OK and sent me on my way. I got home in time to fix lunch and have Dick at the table when Sarah, the VNA Physical Therapist arrived. She came back today, Friday at 8AM and we reviewed everything and we have covered lower extremity exercises and the wheel chair transfer tips she. We will now have her come only once a week to monitor his progress but we can call her any time we have questions.

I had my therapy at 1:30. It hurts. I do usually feel a bit better when I leave but the pain comes back with a vengeance by morning.

Today was just as busy. As I said, Sarah came at 8AM. We then had to go to Sheboygan Memorial for Dick's procedure by Dr. Siddique. We only have one more scheduled and then Dr. Siddique thinks that we can take a break. That will be quite a relief. It has been a long haul.

We got home just in time to meet Mary Meschler, the Occupational Therapist. We went over the upper extremity exercises and discussed the changes we are going to make in the shower arrangements and possibly rearranging furniture to make things easier for us.

Tonight I picked Mom up at a little after 5PM to go to my cousin Brian's son Nicholas's wedding. It was out at the Osthoff. A lovely outdoor garden setting. Judge Stengel officiated. They had a violinist for music. The sun shone and the birds sang. Thank heaven, they picked today so the sun COULD shine on their union. Yesterday would have been a disaster with the storms going through here like they were.

We then joined everybody for the reception up in the hotel. The meal was absolutely wonderful. Chicken, fish, great veggies, potatoes and salad. And it was topped off with desserts of Cheescake or Carrot Cake.

I got to visit with several of Aunt Kathleen's children who came in for the occasion and met two of my Cousin Pat's triplets. He could not make this wedding but two of his girls came to celebrate the occasion.

Jim and Michelle came over and had dinner and played cards with Dick so he was not alone for such a long time. He said it was a good time. He won a game and so did Michelle.

So now you are updated on the past two days. Guess what!!! Tomorrow I do not have to go anywhere!!! And Bobbie is bringing dinner over to us too. We will be celebrating Father's Day with the three that live here in Wisconsin. Wish EVERYBODY could be here but we are so glad of any that can be here.

Here is a simple little poem I wrote last fall. At my Plymouth Writer's club, when we leave we all give a word and those who want to TRY to make a poem using all or at least most of those words. The October words were: comfort, the cold is coming, family, warmth, evening and gathering. Here was my offering.

As evening approached
We gathered in the comfort
Of a glass of evening wine
And watched the cold come in.

Have a great weekend. We are apparently looking forward to five or six clear days. A welcome relief after the storms.

Mary

No comments: