Friday, May 23, 2008

This was a rather pleasant quiet beginning to the Memorial Day Weekend. I had no appointments or errands. I did go to the Dairy Queen and had lunch with the Wells Fargo crew for the first time in weeks. That was a nice break in the day.

I cleaned the kitchen this morning and also cleaned off my desk. Again. This time, I actually accomplished finishing up a lot of loose ends that have been hanging on and on.

Jacquie called today. She had called on my birthday while I was out for lunch with my high school buddies. I had tried to call her a couple of times between then and now and we finally connected. She is a special lady and I miss her. It is good that we do talk once in a while. We have been, after all friends for 48 years and were related for a good chunk of them. I need to email Vikki. Jacquie told me that Vikki's son broke some bones in Rio de Janero. (He is a motorcycle racer on the Kawasaki team and was sent to Rio to race there.) He came home to heal and then will be going back. I am sure that Vikki has mixed feelings about that. She sent me pictures and a poster of her son Scott. He is a handsome young man and doing what he loves.

I have been reading a journal that my nephew, Nora and Leif's son, Stenn wrote while he and his wife Bing were in China for the Chinese New Year visiting Bing's family. It sounds like an a unbelievably wonderful trip and he would like to go back. It is a marvelous journal that he sent a copy of to Mother. She was so pleased. He had a quote in the journal that suited those newlyweds, I thought. "We will fly in heaven, two birds with one pair of wings, and together on earth, two trees with branches interlaced." It was the caption for a picture of them standing in front of two trees intertwined. Isn't that beautiful?

Have a super holiday weekend.

Love

Mary

No comments: