Sunday, May 18, 2008

I went to the 8AM mass this morning. It was a nice service but neither the organist or the cantor showed up so we were as Fr. Van Beeck said "on our own". He started us in most of the hymns and we just recited the Gloria, the Sanctus and the Agnus Dei. During Communion, Father could not start the hymn because he was busy but some brave soul started one. Unfortunately it was one that we had trouble remembering the title so we joined her mainly in the chorus. But it was OK. I think everybody sang louder because they felt their voices were needed.

The rest of the day was spent at home. I did a lot of stuff but I don't really think that I could tell you exactly what. The most important thing was a nice hour and a half nap around noon. I felt so very tired after I got us fed breakfast that I had trouble keeping my eyes open so just laid down and was GONE.

Jim and Michelle came over for dinner so we could hear all about their cruise. They have some really great pictures and looked like they were having fun - so they have PROOF. We had cream cheese with jalipeno jelly on crackers for an appetizer, riblets, corn, German potato salad and salad for dinner. All turned out good. Jim and Michelle worked at a Diabetes Walk in Grafton today and brought Dick a BUNCH of neat Diabetes stuff. Two new meters with test strips, hand soap and lotions and some nice reference books. I have decided to start a shelf of diabetes related books so I can reference easily. Dick's foot was swollen this afternoon. I think the ace bandages they use after the sclero cause swelling, just by their nature and the sensitivity of his feet. His leg was really bothering him today. I am SO glad that we see Dr. Sharon tomorrow. We believe that he is going to do x rays.

Anyway, tomorrow will go on forever so if you think of us, pray for us.

In the Reader's Digest May 2008 issue submitted by Donald Clements. "A garden center customer picks up a container of insecticide and asks the salesperson. 'Is this good for red ants?'
'No', says the salesperson, 'It'll kill 'em!' "

Love
Mary

No comments: