Friday, May 02, 2008

Strange weather day. It had rained during last night but was just cloudy and somewhat cold when we took our walk, Chelsea and I. She was really perky. She spent the rest of the day asking me to take her out every time I sat down, at least that is how it seemed. The only good thing about it is that this last time, I saw a deer in the middle of the green space in front of our condo.

I cleaned the kitchen and vacuumed the stairs this morning. Then did a bunch of computer work.

Dick had to be at Sheboygan Memorial by 1:45PM for his procedure. We left at about 12:30 so I could pick up Mother's prescriptions at Walgreens and drop them off with a couple of other things on our way to the hospital. I took her some of the Mexican Turkey casserole and a dish of apple crisp. She is looking really well. It just poured on our way from Plymouth to Sheboygan Falls and then again on our way to Sheboygan. Mother was kind of disappointed. Today, Deacon Jens was having an Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament. If the weather is nice she loves to go over for part of it but she is very wise and does not attempt it if it is wet. We are so proud of her being so sensible. I was glad I stopped in. A break in her day.

The procedure was the Sclerotherapy - the easiest of all of them. Unfortunately, Dr. Siddique checked the left leg and has found a large vein in the thigh area that will have to have a laser treatment. Therefore, we now have scheduled four more procedures. A little discouraging as we thought we might be nearly done. But - encouraging as the legs are improving and this will be even more of a fix.

Got an e mail from Bobbie today. She broke her leg, an oblique fracture of the distal fibula in her lower leg. She is so disgusted. It is, after all, the beginning of the planting and yard work season and for the first time - she is retired. We are going to the class on Fermenting Beverages on Sunday. But instead of walking, I will drive her.

We are hearing thunder in the distance tonight but so far, Sheboygan County is outside of the severe weather alerts.

I went shooting tonight with Nancy. My first one was a disaster and the second not much better. I was encouraged by the last one. I guess I am just going to have to go to see the doctor about my arm. I keep thinking it will heal itself but I think I keep restraining it and need advice on to how to make it better. It just plain hurts.

We will go again tomorrow and at least finish the league targets. Nancy did really well tonight. She will turn out to be competition for Lil eventually.

Have a great evening and stay dry.

Mary

P. S. I did not forget the picture of the flower. It was raining every time I was able to get out to do it.

Maybe tomorrow.

Mary

No comments: