Monday, April 28, 2008

Another busy Monday.

Chelsea and I went for a walk in the rain this morning. She was not bothered but I was not really happy with the rain and somewhat flurries. So we headed back when I figured she was done with her business. It was rather chilly but did clear up during the day.

Went to Bible Study at 9:30AM. I stopped at St. Mary's Cemetery on the way to check Courtney's flowers. The pot was tipped over but the flowers looked great so I just set it up. With that wind I am happy that there was no other damage. The three yellow roses still looked fresh as when I put them there. We had a good crowd at the study. There were 8 of us. We discussed the Ascension which is celebrated next Sunday instead of on Thursday which is really proper. After all it is supposed to by 40 days after the Resurrection. It was cold and damp this morning. Fran Woodke commented that our Joe Reindl was wearing tennis shoes instead of his usual sandals. So we KNOW that it was cold.

Stopped at Mother's next. She WAS going to play canasta with a couple of her friends. However, two of them had sons coming into town or something and had to cancel SO they decided to reschedule the game. Mom thought if it was nice she would go across to Church and join the Senior Saints in their card games. I took her one of the gift bags from the Celtic Spring Fling. I know that she will have fun opening the bag. It is FULL of good STUFF.

Dick had therapy at 12:45PM so we at lunch as soon as I got home and hied our way over there. Time will tell. He did say that when temps start hitting 60 or better he will start going on walks with me.

I spent the afternoon trying to coordinate things from the fling and just cleaning generally. I don't think that I mentioned that when we were lunching at the Madison Avenue Inn in Cascade, I saw a china set (not complete but enough for me. because it is fun.) It is Windsor Ware by Johnson Brothers in England with a lovely rose pattern. It was priced at $20. Probably because it is NOT complete and there are no cups at all. I decided to get it. You will all, if you let me feed you, get to enjoy it. I walked up and told Brenda that I wanted to buy it and she said that "the lady over there bought it for you for an early birthday present." My friend Kate. She is a treasure. It told her that the next time Ron and she were over they would experience it.

At 4PM Celtic Women had a Telephone conference. We covered a lot of ground.

So my day is winding down. Dick and Brenda are taking us out on May 9th to celebrate their Dick's birthday. Bill and Bobbie too. That will be a busy weekend for everybody. We will be so glad to see Dick and Brenda. Sometimes Madison is VERY far away. And they, especially Brenda, are so very busy these days.

On of my Celtic friends gave me a flyer on the 2008 Mother Earth Water Walk which is being done by a Mrs. Josephine Mandamin, an Objibwe Indian who walks the perimeters of the Great Lakes to raise awareness of the importance of protecting our waters for future generations. She will be in Milwaukee Tuesday, May 6. I want to see if she will be stopping in Sheboygan. She does traditional water ceremonies which would be very special.

Mary said to just put her name in. I will let you know what I find out.

Love

Mary

No comments: