Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Wednesday already. Grocery shopping day. Chelsea and I took a nice Long walk this morning. She was a happy girl. It was sunny, kind of cool but very still and we really enjoyed it.

Then Dick and I went to Mc Donalds for breakfast, to the bank and over to the Pig. I had to go back later to do the majority of the shopping because Dick's knee is really bothering him. He thinks he twisted it.

Then I spent the rest of the morning finishing the article for the Review on the Spring Fling and consolidating most of the leftover items so that Kate, Toni and I can dispense and disburse them when we do a recap on the weekend.

Dick had therapy this afternoon and Jaran had him do a modified version. He did not have to do anything that made the knee feel uncomfortable. So he did mostly balancing and sideways walking.

Tomorrow we get to be home all day. That will be a welcome change after the past couple of weeks.

Today Mother called. She liked the gift bag that I gave her, especially the recipe book. It did turn out nice. With my doing the book and Toni's idea for the cover it really is nice. While I was talking to her I saw the biggest bunny out in our back yard under the lilac bushes which, by the way, are starting to leaf out. Where was he when I was out rabbit hunting. Actually there are a LOT of bunnies around but this one is much bigger than the others.

I was remembering June Bugs today. Don't ask why.

When I owned my little house in Sheboygan Falls, I went down in the basement one day and there was a huge bug down there. It was the kind of bug the kids used to call Helicopter Bugs. They would catch them and put them on strings and fly them around. Anyway, I was not happy to have it in the house so I called Dick who was upstairs, and he came down and carefully took a newspaper and scooped it up ans took it outside to let it go.

The next year another one appeared in the basement so I called Bart, who was home at the time. He came down, took a look at it, shrugged and stomped on it.


Love

Mary

No comments: