Wednesday, May 07, 2008

I had to get up at 4AM to meet Kenny and Randy out at the field to go turkey hunting. Fortunately it was not raining when we got up so we started out OK. Randy had to go to work at 7:30AM so he left early and let me use his pop up hunting blind after he left. THIS was a good thing. After I saw him leave, I wended my way down there and got in the tent. At about 9:30 it started to rain. If I had been up behind my blind, I would have had to head home early. I left for home at 10:00 between the rains anyway. Since Dick had to be at PT at 12:45 I had planned on going home at 11AM anyway. I figure 6 hours is long enough for an old lady under any circumstances. I did not see any Toms though I did see three or four hens. Perhaps tomorrow will be better. At least it will not be raining.


Dick's knee is starting to cause pain in his foot and calf. Jaran, the physical therapist, decided to just give us the set of exercises for Dick to do each day both now and when his knee is better so we do not have to go back.

Dr. Sharon gave us a knee brace to put on his leg and suggested warmth. I will have to get up the heating pad.

After all the appointments we went to the bank, the vet, Walgreens and shopping. Whew.

This is Dick's birthday and we went to dinner together just us tonight. Tomorrow Jim and Michelle are taking us out before they go on their trip and on Friday, Dick and Brenda will be here and take us out so he is being feted properly and I get to ride on his coattails.

We always love to spend time with our children.

The day before yesterday I went out and saw our new neighbors in front of their house, so I went over to introduce myself. They are Dennis and Juanita. Imagine our surprise when up on their roof was a big GOOSE just honking away. They said that explained why they could hear honking in their bedroom the night before.


I will send a picture tomorrow. Hope they turn out.

Mary

No comments: