Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Dick discovered that there was a high temperature today of 79. Wow. It was warm and really nice to be out and about - and I was.

Started the day with Chelsea's walk, of course. The birds were really singing and happy so we were too.

Then I puttered around putting things away and doing a few odd chores until it was time for us BOTH to go to the dentist. We have the same dentist now and though Dick only goes twice a year and I go three times we will be on occasion to go at the same time. We both got our teeth cleaned and we were both told that we were doing good, though Dick does have a small cavity.

I called Phil Kalchthaler, our Tall Grass Association VP with questions on the information that came around for us to review prior to the meeting a week from Saturday. He was very helpful. I have known Phil for years and have always found him fair and concerned. He suggested that I email him with my concerns prior to the meeting so they can be touched on.

That is a really good idea as I will have to leave before the meeting is over in order to join up with my morel mushroom hunting class that morning.

We had grilled cheese and ham on hard rolls for lunch. Hard rolls REALLY taste good. I feel sorry for you people who live outside of Sheboygan County and cannot get them.

At 2PM I went to see my friend Debbie Brown who is working at Plymouth Professional Massage Therapy and Wellness Spa for my very first massage. I have known Debbie for years, long before she trained for this and another friend told me that she is wonderful. I have no other experience to base it on but cannot complain. She did a great job and my body feels far less pain than I did this morning. So it worked. This same site teaches yoga. I may try that too. But I think I must first have Dr. Murthy check to be sure that I am not damaged in my shoulder.

A quiet evening. I gathered everything up for the turkey hunt tomorrow and loaded most of it into the car. Kenny answered my call and we will be meeting out there at 10 to 5 unless it is raining in which case we will meet at daybreak. The rain that is supposed to come tonight, is supposed to leave in the morning so I hope that it has passed by before we get there.

Tomorrow is Dick's birthday. I will be hunting in the morning but am coming back before noon so that we can go to his physical therapy and to see Dr. Sharon about his knee. Then we are going to dinner to celebrate the big day.

He doesn't know it but I got him a present. We don't do that but I found a tshirt that I thought was perfect for him and IN his size. It says Real Men Love Cats with big yellow cat eyes staring at you.

I am looking forward to our own little party.

Love

Mary

No comments: