Friday, May 09, 2008

Chelsea was very happy with me this morning. For the first time in two days we had a proper walk. On Wednesday and Thursday, with the early hunting time, she did not get to walk around. Boy were we delighted when we walked by the woods between the two sections of the park and I saw that the trilliums are all in bloom and beautiful.

I had a pleasantly quiet morning until about 10 when I had to get ready to leave. I gave blood today at 11:00AM and stopped at AC Signs in Sheboygan to pick up the sweatshirts for CWI. Things worked out very well. This is an annual drive that my friend Peggy Feider sponsors in honor of her son Joe who died 10 years ago at the age of 21. In his lifetime he had used over 200 units of blood and she is so happy that these drives have now "paid back" what he used and are continuing to build in his honor. It is called "A Gallon or so for Joe". She is actually the one who got me donating blood. I do it every 6 weeks but make sure that I can attend her yearly function. (She always has lots of food and a present. This year the present is post it notes.)

Then home again. I stopped and dropped some things off at St. Vinnie's and picked up a couple of glass containers to put my Ice Brandies in. I will tell you about them and how they turn out another day.

I even had time for a nap before Dick and Brenda came at 4ish. They came to take DickSR. out for his birthday. They also brought me a beautiful hanging plant of purple double-petunias for the front porch.

I took Brenda for a quick walk through the woods to show her the trilliums. It amazes me how much bigger the blooms are in the shade of the woods than in the sunny edges of the trees.

We went to Sweet Basil for dinner. This time I had their special, a salmon dish with roasted asparagus. We had a lovely time. Then we came home and Dick and Brenda brought Cinderella, the tv version that Julie Andrews did way back in black and white. The music was Rogers and Hammerstein and was WONDERFUL.

Then Dick fixed our closet door, the coat closet in the entry had fallen off its track and I was planning on calling a repair person next week because I kept forgetting and trying to close it and just about knocking myself out.

Anyway, a wonderful day and we hate to see it end.

Love you all.

Later

Mary

No comments: