Thursday, May 08, 2008

Another 4AM morning. I met Randy out at the site at 4:45AM. Uncle Kenny got a Tom on Wednesday, so he is letting me use his blind if I want to. So today I did. It is nice to have the shelter and not have to be so darned careful not to move a muscle if you see a bird.

I DID have to go up to my old site first thing and pick up my blind and chair. But the rest of the morning was quiet. TOO quiet. I saw two hens. That is ALL. One of them walked withing 10 yards of the blind. It is fun to watch them graze and wander around. BUT I want to see some Toms or Jakes. It is getting pretty discouraging. I keep going out hunting and never get anything. If Randy goes out on Saturday, I will go out too. Tomorrow, I cannot go so Saturday or Sunday are my last chances. Jeff got one up near where he lives also. So there are two. Kenny is going to smoke his.

I came in at 11AM because I had to be home for Dick. Six hours is WAY long enough at one time for me anyway. I took a nice two hour nap this afternoon. I really needed that.

This evening Jim and Michelle took us out for dinner to celebrate Dick's birthday and Mother's day. We went to the Final Approach at the airport. This is our second trip to that restaurant and we have been happy both times. This time two planes coasted up next to the restaurant and the passengers and pilots came in for dinner. Isn't that cool

Jim and Michelle leave tomorrow shortly after noon for their Caribbean Cruise. I will be taking care of Bootsie while they are gone. Tomorrow, our neighbor Dick is going to a Brewers game and I will be walking his Katrina too. So for one day, I will have THREE critters to care for.

I left a message with Donna for Randy to call me if he goes out on Saturday. I said to Donna that I have not seen her in such a long time but I hear what is happening from Mother. Donna said the sweetest and wisest thing. She said that Mother is the glue. Isn't that beautiful.

Guess that is all for now.

Love

Mary

No comments: