Sunday, April 20, 2008

Today was absolutely beautiful. The sun shone, the temperatures were perfect, the birds were singing.

I got up at 6 and walked Chelsea early then went to the 8AM Mass. That will be gone in mid June. I will have to change my Mass time. There will only be ONE Sunday Mass at St. John's and that will be at 10:45AM. So I guess I will have to change and go to Mass on Saturday evening at 4PM or otherwise go to St. Thomas Aquinas in Elkhart Lake or Kohler who will have an early Mass. Ick. When will the church wake up to the fact that they discourage so many vocations by eliminating married priests and women priests. I understand that other religions are also facing some downturn in vocations, BUT they have a bigger pool to pull from.

I picked up Nancy at about quarter to 10 and we went out to shoot. I am having lots of trouble because my arm is so sore. I guess I will have to look for some help as I am unable to heal it.
Wasn't a great score day. But We will be able to finish league. Nancy is doing very well for a beginner, especially when you consider who her teacher is.

This afternoon she and Toni came over at 1:00 and we finished the pretty nametags that we are doing for the fling. Only five more days til the event. I think we are pretty ready. Only time will tell.

Had a nice quiet rest of the day. We had pasties for supper and I tried to burn the house down. I turned on the wrong burner, the one UNDER the pasties instead of under the veggies. Dick said that Bart is right. I am trying to burn us all up.

I had the doors and windows open all afternoon. Good thing after the extra crispy pasties. Most of the smoke smell is gone. And it cooled the house off nicely.

Have a good week.

I love you all

Mary

No comments: