Wednesday, April 23, 2008

A lovely warm day. It went into the 70s today. I got up at 6AM to walk the silly little dog that lives with us. We had a nice walk. She sometimes chooses to vary the route which always amuses me.

Then we went for breakfast to the Wilderness. They are now open for breakfast. The jury is still out on whether we really are happy with it. They are a bit pricier than the Family Restaurant but have the advantage of having a true non smoking section. The food is not quite as good, at least I don't think so but it is OK.

The we went to the bank and the grocery store to get the tickets. Dick was tired so I took him home and headed back to do the grocery shopping. The rest of the day was really full. With a day at home, I did some vacuuming. Then I fixed that slippery incline coming through the woods from the park to our backyard. I dug some steps and put some shale on them to make it easier to traverse. I filled the birdbath and weeded the area around it.

Dick had his physical therapy at 3PM today. On Friday they will reevaluate him to see if there is any improvement.

Today I was thinking of an absolutely beautiful day. Many years ago, I was in real estate, and all of the agents decided to take a day and go to Catalina Island on the ferry. We started at the office with donuts and mimosa (champagne and orange juice) then we carpooled down to take the ferry to the Island. It was a beautiful day. We wandered around the shops and streets of Catalina which is a beautiful tourist spot. Then Cal, one of the other agents, and myself had lunch up on a balcony overlooking the ocean. It was a picture perfect day and I felt so elegant.


Love

Mary

No comments: