Saturday, April 19, 2008

I like Saturdays. This was very nice one. We did not get the promised rain overnight. Chelsea and I had a very nice walk. It was kind of cloudy but quite pleasant.

Nancy, Toni, Janet and her grand daughter Nichole came over at about10AM and we filled the gift bags and did the lion's share of the work on the name tags. I will have to take pictures of these name and put it on this site. They are worth coming to the Fling for. I fixed some roast beef wraps for lunch. They were pretty good too. We stopped at about 1PM with only a couple of little things left to do. Toni and I are going to put the glitz on the name tags tomorrow. That is the main thing left to do.

It is a lot of fun to do things like that.

Jim and Michelle came over at about 5:00 for dinner and cards. We had the Diane Sawyer Mac and cheese with a nice crisp salad and after a game of hearts and a game of rummy we had strawberries, meringue and whipped cream for dessert.

The most wonderful thing came in the mail today. My poem "The Herald" was accepted for the 2009 Wisconsin Poet's Calendar. I am very excited. This makes the second time that a poem of mine was accepted for a calendar. So I am twice blessed. I will put it on the blog but not until after the calendar comes out because that would not be proper.


I will put another poem I wrote in so you won't feel cheated.

Mary

IMPERIAL DUNES


The dunes drift like snow

(Or does snow drift like sand)


Peaceful and glowing in the moonlight

The sands shift.

And gently ripple

Like fresh snow kissed by a gentle breeze.


Stark endless beauty

We are but a grain of the sand.

No comments: