Monday, April 14, 2008

A usual Monday. Chelsea and I had a nice LONG walk this morning. It was sunny. Cold but sunny and there was no wind so we clipped right along. Somehow, she managed to get into a really bad batch of burdocks. I had to clip them out of three sections of her fur. One of them, again, between her back legs. I have NO idea how she manages to get them there, but she sure does.

Next I filled the gas tank then went to Falls for Bible Study. I brought my denim quilt to show my friend Donna. Donna is the gal who gave me a lot of the denim. She even took the denim pants apart for me which was such a big help. I need to get a picture of it tomorrow. She would like a picture to show to her sister. And I will post one for you.

The gospel was the story of Jesus at the Last Supper patiently explaining to his apostles that HE was the gate to heaven and that HE was God and when they saw him they saw the Father. We are reminded that sometimes we seem to have to learn and GIVE the same lessons over and over again.

Mother was just fine. Such a nice day, she planned on walking around the house to see what herbs and plants are coming up. She received a copy of Stenn's journal of his and Bing's trip to China for the Chinese New Year and spending time with her father and sister. I will borrow it to read after Mother is done. Such a nice looking family.

Home again and a short rest until Dick had to go to his physical therapy. This was hard for him today as his legs are kind of weak from the surgery and the weekend but he got through everything and I thought he got less wobbly as he went along.

We were home the rest of the day. I did some cleaning and putting away of things that had somehow managed to migrate to the counter and table. I also put together some of the covers for the recipe books that we are making for the CWI Spring Fling. Things are winding down. I need to make some phone calls tomorrow and a couple of the ladies are coming over to finish things for the gift bags.

A friend sent me the following in an email and I liked it so decided to share.

Mary

Three Thoughts to Ponder

1. Cows
2. The Constitution
3. The Ten Commandments


Cows - Is it just me, or does anyone else find it amazing that, when investigating Mad Cow disease, our government can track a single cow born in Canada almost three years ago, right to the stall where she sleeps in the state of Washington? And, they tracked her calves to their stalls. But they are unable to locate the 11 million illegal aliens wandering around our country. Maybe we should give each of them a cow.


The Constitution - They keep talking about drafting a Constitution for Iraq. Why don't we just give them ours? It was written by a lot of really smart guys, it has worked for over 200 years, and we're not using it anymore.


The Ten Commandments - The real reason that we can't have the Ten
Commandments posted in a courthouse is this: You cannot post
'Thou Shalt Not Steal,' 'Thou Shalt Not Commit Adultery,' and 'Thou Shall Not Lie' in a building full of lawyers, judges, and politicians. It creates a hostile work environment

No comments: