Sunday, April 13, 2008

I pretty much liked this Sunday. The sun shone. It was NOT warm, but the sun shone and that is always a plus.

I got up at 6AM and took Chelsea for a nice walk. We heard lots of birds. Sometimes she thinks the Cardinals are whistling at her and barks a lot.

I went to the 8AM Mass. Fr. Van Beeck had to announce that as of mid June, we will be collaborating with St. Thomas Aquinas in Elkhart Lake and the mass schedule will change. There will no longer be an 8AM mass at St. John's. He can only be in one place at a time and has decided to offer a 4PM on Saturday and 10:45AM on Sunday at St. John's and a 5:30PM at St. John's and a 9AM on Sunday at St. Thomas. I will have to change my ways. I think I will go to the 4PM on
Saturday. If I wanted to go out of town, I would go back to Blessed Trinity.

Then I went shooting with Nancy. Neither of us did very well. We will try again on Friday night.

I got home at about 10:15AM. Had time to rest a bit and then fix Dick his lunch before heading to a restaurant called Breaking Bread on the south side of Sheboygan. It was a birthday lunch and get together for the friends of Bob Fleming and Stevan Naffin. Poor Steve did all the planning and then was too ill to come to the party. He has been weakening lately and would appreciate all of your prayers. We had a good party, reuniting many old friends and he can be pleased with his efforts. Pray for Bob too. Caregivers need LOTS of prayers and help too.

Home again and I got to stay here. I just sat at my desk and prepared for the coming week. It was very pleasant. I had put a beef roast into the slow cooker with dry onion soup and beef broth and it was just cooking away. Tonight I made some gravy out of the juice and served the gravy and meat with mashed potatoes and creamed corn. We had strawberries and ice cream for dessert.

I called Bart and Barb both tonight. They both sounded as tired as I feel. This week will also be very busy as we now have physical therapy for Dick three times a week and I have two days that I have to do things for the Spring Fling which is in less than two weeks.

Have a good week and stay well. We are supposed to get our first really warm spell next week. I can hardly wait.

Love

Mary

No comments: