Thursday, March 27, 2008

We got to stay home all day today. It was wonderful. I got up at 6:30 and took Chelsea for a good long walk. There was no wind and no precipitation. She loved it and came bounding into the house looking for Dick to tell him how wonderful it was. He was sleeping but it was good to see her so happy. She has been pretty subdued the rest of the day. I think she is like Mother. One big event per day is all she wants to handle.

I spent the day cleaning bathrooms and dusting everything. I also did some emailing and putting together of items for the Spring Fling. I loved today.

We had chili for dinner tonight. Boy was that a good batch.

A lady opened her refrigerator and saw a rabbit sitting on one of the shelves.
"What are you doing in there?" She asked.

The rabbit replied:
"This is a Westinghouse, isn't it?",
To which the lady replied "Yes."

"Well," the rabbit said,


"I'm westing."



I got this from a friend of mine and thought it was really funny. It also reminded me of an incident that happened when my brother Randy was just a little boy.


Mother opened the refrigerator one day and there was a little kitten sitting on a shelf shivering and looking very scared. She asked Randy if he knew anything about it and he said that he HAD put it in the refrigerator. She asked him why and he said "Because I wanted to save it." Then she remembered that he had asked her why she was putting leftover food in the fridge and she had told him that she was "saving it. " Thinking back she remembered that there had been a couple of toys in the refrigerator during the past week or so.

An explanation of "saving" solved the problem. Thank heavens our refrigerator was never closed for any great length of time or it could have been curtains for that poor kitty.

Love

Mary

No comments: