Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Hi everybody. This has been a nice day. I spent the lion's share of it preparing things for the gift bags that we are putting together for the CWI Spring Fling. Kate and Tony and I finished the little holders for the soaps we are putting in the bag. We also got a lot done for the little recipe book and a couple of other things. We shared cookies and pizza for lunch. Then I stopped at Walgreens on the way home to pick up some prescriptions, specials and bandage stuff.

It really was a beautiful day. It was a bit windy and chilly when Chelsea and I went out for our walk but she got me up early so we stayed on the roads in Tallgrass where it is safer. We found out yesterday that the sidewalk around the park is in pretty bad shape yet. AND we are supposed to get more snow on Thursday.

My Bret called tonight. He sounds really good. He spent Easter out at the river at his place and said it was a perfect weekend. They spent lots of time in the pool and lots of time jeeping.

Talked to my Bart tonight too. He also sounds good. I do worry that this business of Barb being in Florida is wearing on him but they will be OK. Barb comes home for a long weekend next week and then he will go back down there in about three weeks so they can be together on their anniversary. She will be home for good at the end of May. In June Adam comes back from his overseas mission and they will be going east to greet him.

I was delighted when I talked to Bret when he told me that Tony's wife, Dee, makes Green Meatballs every year for St. Patrick's Day. She LOVES the Green Meatballs and Schlitzhagen cookbook that I sent to Bret years ago. I need to make a copy for Michelle and Jim.

I have pulled some chili out of the freezer for dinner tomorrow. That really sounds good, doesn't it?

It is so nice to have a week without a doctor appointment. Next week we start again.

All my love

Mary

No comments: