Monday, March 24, 2008

Such a lovely Monday and I finally saw my first robin of the season. This morning when Chelsea and I were walking, I also saw one of the deer prancing around in the brushy area AND I heard the Red Winged Blackbirds trilling. So I do have real hope that Spring is really just around the corner. Now, all we need is a good warm rain and worms all over the blacktop and we are finally THERE!

Bible Study was lively. The Gospel was about St. Thomas. You know the one. "Blessed are they that have not seed and yet believe." Well, as I read it I realized, for the first time, that the apostles DID see. When Jesus came to them he SHOWED them his wounds. Thomas was reprimanded because he did not believe despite the testimony of his friends. But that makes US the blessed because we are the ones who believe without seeing. Pretty good if you ask me.

Mom was fine, we had a nice visit. I will be picking up a gift certificate for her from Parkview Restaurant so that she can give it to a friend who has been SO good about taking her every week that the weather is possible to the Senior Lunch Program. I took her some ham, cake and colcannan.

She had a good time at Eileen and Fred's. The girls WERE there so that was special.

This afternoon, I went over to Kate's close to 4PM so that we could get on a CWI conference call. This was new to Kate who is a new member of the Board. We were able to give a good update on what is going on with the Spring Fling. I stressed that we really would like to have the names of attendees. They will be pleased when they see the name tags. They are truly collectibles.


Tonight Dick took me out to dinner at the Wilderness. It was VERY special. Quiet, a good meal and a nice break after the busy weekend and busy day.


DOG DIARY

8:00 am - Dog food! My favorite thing!
9:30 am - A car ride! My favorite thing!
9:40 am - A walk in the park! My favorite thing!
10:30 am - Got rubbed and petted! My favorite thing!
12:00 pm - Lunch! My favorite thing!
1:00 pm - Played in the yard! My favorite thing!
5:00 pm - Milk bones! My favorite thing!
7:00 pm - Got to play ball! My favorite thing!
8:00 pm - Wow! Watched TV with the people! My favorite thing!
11:00 pm - Sleeping on the bed! My favorite thing!




Love

Mary

No comments: